" Principal Engineer - R&D" working in the domain of power electronics , is expected to build power electronics modules with best-in-industry robustness, performance & cost effectiveness. Primary focus of the candidate will be on EV powertrain. S/he is expected lead engineering excellence activity related to power electronics while working with a cross functional team. S/he is expected to lead a team of engineers and engage with customers for technology/new-product demonstrations.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for developing power electronics related modules for
EV / Hybrid / ISG powertrains; examples of modules being 3-phase MOSFET/IGBT H-Bridges, H-
Bridge drivers, DC-DC converters etc.We are looking for people with skills in high power electronic module development. In relation to this, the candidate will be required to
- Develop first principle understanding of power electronic components & their limits of
performance. This involves building a top-notch understanding of power electronic devices
at semi-conductor level & also involves building mathematical models of power electronic
components / circuitries for simulation & mathematical analysis purpose.
- Design end-to-end power electronic modules, including component selection, cost analysis,
failure mode identification, tolerance analysis, thermal analysis, transient performance
- In continuation to above, draft schematics of power electronic modules & coordinate with
PCB layout team for component placement & routing guidelines, considering thermal
effects, transients, EMI / EMC etc. Further, coordinate with mechanical packaging team for
- Lead DFMEA activity pertaining to power electronic modules.
- Lead power electronics related failure analysis for on-field failures (during initial field trials
during technology demonstration state & during the first few months post a new product
- Coordinate with other engineering functions (such as software) for enabling the system.
- Possibly lead a team of engineers working on electronics through technical mentorship,
course-correction & training.
- Identify & bring about positive change in engineering processes & tools,
towards improving engineering effectiveness.
Desired technical skills
- Domain expertise in power electronics with first-hand experience in developing power
modules of reasonable size and putting them into reasonably large-scale production (and
handling associated field failures).
- Strong command over engineering physics and mathematics along with enthusiasm for
potentially cross-domain ideas (mechanical, electrical etc.).
- Strong skills in electronic instrumentation.
- Comfort at using PCB design tools & circuit simulation tools
- Familiarity with tools such as MATLAB for data analysis.
- Experience with new product development
Desired soft skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to mentor and manage a cross-functional team.
- Professional attitude towards work.
- Sense of ownership and urgency when working in the company.
- Strong sense of ethics
- Bachelor's or Master's or PhD degree in Electronics / Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of domain experience in power electronics
SSC & HSC / Diploma should be 70% and above (Mandatory)
Salary: INR 15,00,000 - 30,00,000 PA.
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
Symphoni HR Private Limited
At Symphoni HR, we understand that "smart' is an overrated term and that every individual is not cut-out for every role. Just as square pegs cannot be force-fitted into round holes, we are eventually dealing with people with their own set of skills and competencies. What we ensure is that the person is a natural fit with the company's unique DNA and has that one essential character trait that is non-negotiable - INTEGRITY.
Recruiter Name:Alisha Patel
Contact Company:Symphoni HR Private Limited